|$798 – $1,598||Price Range||$141 – $266|
|$100 Off + $399 In Free Accessories||Offer||See on Amazon|
|365 Nights||Trial Period||100 Nights|
|Free Shipping and Returns||Shipping Options||Free Shipping and Returns|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
Zinus vs. Nectar Mattress Comparison
If you are a big lover of memory foam, you have come to the right place. Both Zinus and Nectar mattresses are for the sleepers looking for the feel and pressure relief of memory foam. If price is your chief concern with a mattress, Zinus and Nectar have surely piqued your interest. They’re both known for their affordable prices, although Nectar is a little more expensive than Zinus.
Read on to learn which mattress is best for you.
Zinus vs. Nectar Comparison Overview
Zinus Green Tea is a soft memory foam mattress, while Nectar has more of a dense feel. Both are online mattress companies that started with a successful all-foam mattress and expanded into other variations. Read on for a head-to-head comparison of Zinus vs. Nectar.
This comparison will discuss factors in which Nectar is better than Zinus and others where Zinus is better than Nectar. But before we get into that, let’s run through their primary qualities:
- Warranty: Nectar comes with a lifetime warranty, compared to the Zinus 10-year warranty.
- Thickness: You can choose from four different thicknesses with Zinus vs. Nectar’s single model.
- Temperature: While both beds are temperature neutral, Nectar feels cooler because of the cover, an upgrade from the standard cover on the Zinus mattress.
Zinus vs. Nectar Video Comparison
Honest Zinus vs. Nectar Mattress Review Video
Jump To What You’re Looking For
Design & Construction
The Nectar mattress features three foam layers and a cover:
- Standard Foam Base Support – As the name implies, this 7″ layer serves as the bed’s foundation.
- Soft Support Foam – The proprietary material is a 2″ layer of memory foam that acts as a transition layer from the support foam below.
- Gel memory foam – A top layer of 3″ gel memory foam.
- Cooling Cover – This soft cover provides a cooling sensation upon direct contact.
Wrapping the three layers of foam is a removable, machine-washable and quilted polyethylene cover.
The Zinus mattress, regardless of the thickness you purchase, comes with three layers:
- Comfort Layer – The first layer of memory foam is infused with green tea extract.
- Transitional Layer – The second layer of dense polyfoam serves as the transitional layer.
- The Thickest Layer – The bottom layer is made of high-density polyfoam and serves as the support core.
The cover for this mattress is made of knitted jacquard fabric. It’s white and soft, but to be honest, it’s not our favorite cover. It’s thin and bunches up easily.
Feel & Firmness
Nectar has a dense memory foam feel that you’re probably more familiar with. We rate Nectar as being somewhere around a medium firm on our firmness scale. You get a true sink-in feeling, and the bed does conform itself to your body.
Having said that, Nectar comes off firmer for the first couple of seconds as you start to sink into the bed.
If you like a plush memory foam feel, allow me to introduce you to the Zinus Green Tea mattress. It might be the softest memory foam bed we’ve ever tried.
Other Factors to Consider
There are a few other factors to consider when shopping for a mattress, especially if you’ll be sharing your bed with a partner.
Memory foam mattresses have a reputation for poor edge support, meaning you feel as if you’re falling off the edge when you lay too near the perimeter. The Nectar mattress actually has decent support despite its material, though not as good as you’d get with many hybrid or innerspring mattresses. Unfortunately, the Zinus lacks proper edge support, and you may feel as if you’re rolling off the bed.
Memory foam mattresses usually do a good job of deadening movement, and the Nectar and Zinus are no exception. Both beds provide good motion isolation. If your partner moves around throughout the night, you won’t be disturbed.
Memory foam beds often sleep hot at night since you sink into the bed and there’s little airflow. The Zinus mattress is true to this reputation, and you can expect to sleep hot at night. The Nectar, however, is more temperature neutral.
Nectar Pros And Cons
- Trial period of 365 nights
- Four supportive foam layers for minimal motion transfer
- Mattress cover infused with cooling memory foam gel
- Denser foam lacks bounce
- Not enough edge support for heavier individuals
- Only one thickness available
Other Nectar Products
Nectar Mattress Ratings
- BBB Rating: Not Rated
- Amazon Reviews: Nectar reviews are only a 1.9 out of 5, but they don’t represent many customers. Positive reviewers love the comfort of the mattress. Complaints are mainly about the quality of the mattress and the difficulty in getting the company to honor the warranty.
Zinus Pros And Cons
- 4 mattress thicknesses available
- One of the lowest-cost memory foam mattresses around
- Side sleepers will like it
- It may be too soft for larger adults
- Poor customer ratings
- Not as many layers as the Nectar mattress
Other Zinus Products
Zinus Mattress Ratings
- BBB Rating: F
- Amazon Reviews: Zinus reviews from the BBB may be concerning, but over 60,000 customers on Amazon rate the mattress a 4.4 out of 5. Buyers should beware of unzipping the cover, which will unleash fiberglass everywhere.
Body Type Analysis
Your body type will be an important factor in choosing the right mattress. Certain types of beds may be better suited to certain types of bodies.
Petite individuals should sleep comfortably on both the Zinus and Nectar mattresses. The one exception may be that for petite individuals who sleep on their sides, the Nectar mattress may be too firm. But the Zinus’s softer feel will be perfect for lighter individuals.
Average-sized individuals should consider their preferred mattress firmness and sleeping style. For the most part, both mattresses should work fine for average-sized people.
If you’re over 250 pounds, we recommend the Nectar mattress since the Zinus isn’t likely to provide the support you need. Heavier body types should consider a hybrid bed with coil innerspring for added support. In general, memory foam beds aren’t as well-suited to larger folks.
Sleeper Type Analysis
Both the Zinus and Nectar mattresses are good for a variety of sleepers. It’s important to consider your sleeper type before choosing the right bed for you.
Whether you’re a combo, side, back, or stomach sleeper, Nectar should be fine as long as you’re aware of the fact that it’s not “plush” the way that Zinus Green Tea is. It’s a comfortable, versatile bed.
- Side Sleepers
Side sleepers will like the softness of the Zinus mattress, reducing any pressure points on hips and shoulders while sleeping. Nectar may be a bit too firm for side sleepers. Petite or lighter-weight sleepers may not sink in enough to relieve the pressure points caused to the hips or shoulders.
- Combo Sleepers
If you’re the type of sleeper that frequently shifts throughout the night, Nectar’s firm foam feel is ideal for you. Meanwhile, the Zinus may work well, but you could have trouble shifting due to it being a softer mattress with a feeling like you’re stuck in place. Also, if you tend to spend more time on your back or stomach, you may need a firmer mattress, like Nectar.
- Back And Stomach Sleepers
As with combo sleepers, back and stomach sleepers will like the Nectar mattress. Unless you’re very heavy, you’ll get all the support you need to sleep in either position without hurting your back. On the other hand, the Zinus is not the best mattress for back and stomach sleepers. It doesn’t provide the support you would need to comfortably sleep on your back or stomach.
Nectar vs. Zinus Green Tea Pricing
Both mattresses are affordable, all-foam mattresses but one mattress beats the other out when it comes to price. Take a look:
|Size||Nectar (Discount)||Zinus Green Tea (based on mattress thickness)|
|Twin||$599 ($499)||$151 – $252|
|Twin XL||$669 ($569)||$207|
|Full||$799 ($699)||$187 – $329|
|Queen||$899 ($799)||$205 – $374|
|King||$1,199 ($1,099)||$241 – $464|
|Cal King||$1,199 ($1,099)||$464|
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 150 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team
Zinus Mattress vs. Nectar Review Verdict
As we’ve mentioned, this is really a story of memory foam. If you buy Nectar, you’re getting a memory foam mattress. If you purchase Zinus Green Tea, you’re also getting a memory foam mattress. As such, it comes down to the following questions:
- How soft or firm do you want the mattress to be?
- What’s your budget? Is it closer to $700 or $300?
- What’s your preferred sleeping position?
- Do you care about getting free pillows?
When deciding between Nectar vs Zinus, the Nectar may be a better bet. It may cost a bit more, but the Nectar comes with a forever warranty and doesn’t contain harmful fiberglass inside the cover.
The Nectar comes with a 365-night trial. The Zinus trial is for 100-nights. If you’re not happy with the mattress, reach out to customer service within the trial period to return the mattress for a refund.
The thickness or height of the mattress is a personal decision. You may want a thicker mattress if you’re not using a box spring and would like to adjust your bed height. In addition, if you’re heavier, the thinner mattress size may provide you with more support because the thicker the foam, the softer it will feel.
If you don’t want to bother with the hassle of moving and unpacking a big, heavy box, white-glove delivery could be a lifesaver. Zinus doesn’t offer white glove delivery but Nectar does. For $149, a delivery team will deliver, unpack and set up your bed for you.